adj. artfully cunning, clever in attaining an end; modern definition: sexy, cool
My fascination with building an empire was shaped as early as 6 years old. Instead of dolls, I played with the idea of reigning a palace with a big garden of roses, elephants, tigers and snakes as pets, a throne made of gold, and a multi-jewel encrusted crown and septor. Alice in Wonderland, Labyrinth, and Never Ending Story were movies that took me to a place that built the idea of a grandiose royal kingdom.
So in my real world, I kind of - reigned.
- Grade Three – Won my first crown as Ms. Talent in Holy Child Academy
- Grade Six – Won Ms. Sto. Nino crown, trophy as Valedictorian & Best Girl Scout in Sto. Nino De Novaliches School
- 2nd Year High School – Won 1st runner up Ms. Siena & Ms. Talent crowns
- 3rd Year High Schoo – Won Ms. United Nations crown
- 4th Year High School – Won Ms. St. James College crown
- First Year College – Won 1st Runner Up Ms. Education in UST (University of Sto. Tomas) crown
- 3rd Year College – Won Ms. AMA Computer College crown
- And in several occasions, class president and top of the class
But I realized winning crowns was not the way to build an empire. I gave up the crowning glory of winning these pageants, and gave up my ultimate goal of becoming a Bb. Pilipinas – the holy grail of crowns. I dropped out of school, and with my small inheritance, I built my first venture - H&H Martini Bar. The real empire-building begins...